Vida Blue - Crossing Lines (2019)


flac16  |  Download Audio


Keyboardist Page McConnell formed Vida Blue with bassist Oteil Burbridge and drummer Russell Batiste during Phish’s hiatus. The trio released their self-titled debut album in 2002 and the next year issued The Illustrated Band in which they were backed by the Spam Allstars. Sixteen years later the third Vida Blue album, Crossing Lines is finally here via Page’s Keyed Records imprint. “I do a lot of work in my studio, not for anything in particular, just because I like doing it,” McConnell explained to Relix. “Then, at one point, I realized that I had a handful of songs that the band would be a great vehicle for—or, perhaps, the songs would be a great vehicle for the band. So I reached out to Oteil and Russell to see if they wanted to do it.” Page, who produced the album, added guitarist Adam Zimmon to the lineup for the eight-track LP and Spam Allstars contributed to two songs.

Track Listing

1. Analog Delay
2. Checking Out
3. Where Did It Go
4. Phaidon
5. Weepa
6. Maybe
7. Real Underground Soul Sound
8. If I Told You